Please join us on
Tuesday, June 30, 2020
The Changing Role of HR in a Post-COVID-19 World
8:00 - 9:30 am - Program
Cost: Members - Free
Non-members - $20
As organizations embrace the "Distributed Workforce" model as part of their new normal, the role of HR professionals will change dramatically. In a post-COVID-19 world, we will experience both hiring challenges and opportunities, unlike any our generation has ever seen. Some of the issues that HR teams will have to deal with include:
- How will you sift through the massive field of unemployed applicants that will need jobs?
- People will be more likely to "pad" their resumes or even outright lie on them in a market that's flooded with candidates. How will you vet qualifications and ensure that your hires aren't false-starts?
- Will having better technology for agile workers enable you to hire in new geographies beyond where your current offices are located?
- How will you handle it when some employees start asking to be remote full-time, now that they've shown that it's possible?
- How will you manage morale and culture with a more distributed workforce?
Todd Knapp, Founder & CEO – Envision Technology Advisors
Todd has been providing IT services nationally for over 20 years and draws inspiration and insight from participation in a wide range of executive boards and industry associations. He has an extensive background in strategic planning and implementation of business technology solutions, and is the founder of his firm Envision Technology Advisors. As a presenter, Todd speaks throughout the country on a variety of technology and business topics including digital transformation, cybersecurity, leveraging the data economy, and integrating user psychology into IT strategic planning and services. He founded his firm in 1998, and today enjoys engaging with his team on technology transformation projects representing almost every business vertical. In his free time, Todd works with several non-profits. He is a board member for RI Public Radio, and volunteers for organizations including The Groden Center, American Red Cross, RI Foster Forward, and the Rutland Rescue Mission. He is also an avid sailor and scuba diver.
Christine Scarafoni, Chief Human Resources Officer, KLR
With over 25 years of strategic and hands-on experience in human resources and L&D (leadership and development), Christine serves as the Chief Human Resources Officer at KLR, one of the largest accounting firms in New England. Christine specializes in leadership development, employee engagement, change management, talent and management acquisition, performance management, succession planning, strategic planning, benefits, 401(k), payroll and HRIS, executive compensation, employee relations, learning and development. She is an experienced leader in building the Human Resources infrastructure from the ground up, building high performance teams and effective collaboration to accomplish business goals.
To Register Click Here.
Thank you to our sponsor